About the e-pilepsy project
e-pilepsy is a pan European project, with the primary aim of improving the awareness and accessibility of surgery for epilepsy across different countries.
Epilepsy is a condition whereby individuals are prone to recurrent epileptic seizures. Although many gain seizure control through medication some with persistent seizures are suitable for surgery.
Epilepsy surgery is an established treatment in the management of carefully selected individuals with drug resistant focal epilepsy. Individuals are evaluated to determine whether a single area of the brain is causing seizures which could be removed without causing further problems, potentially curing the epilepsy.
Epilepsy and epilepsy surgery
- What is epilepsy?
- What is epilepsy surgery?
- How does epilepsy surgery work?
- Useful information for patients
- Translations for non-English speakers
The e-pilepsy Project
- About e-pilepsy
- Find your nearest epilepsy surgery centre
- Participating centres and partners